||CB&Q E5 9913
||Chicago Burlington & Quincy Railroad E5 9913 at La Grange, Illinois around October 1940, photograph by Electro-Motive Division, Dave Lotz collection. Number 9913 was named SILVER WINGS, built in October 1940 ( c/n 1133 ), was sold to the C&S on April 25, 1957 becoming C&S 9954, traded to EMD on March 15, 1968 and scrapped. Number 9913 was built as the Q's contribution to the Burlington/Rock Island joint train Zephyr Rocket, a daily train between Saint Louis, Missouri and Minneapolis, Minnesota.
||10/1/1940 Upload Date: 5/11/2019 1:20:37 PM
||La Grange, IL
||99 Comments: 0